Learn to make aaahhhmazing DSLR music videos all by yourself, in 1 hour.
☀️ it’s better than burritos! 🙂
This course is for you, if you want to UPGRADE your video shooting skills to PRO:
- DIY Musicians, Singer / Songwriters & Bandmates going solo who want to create exceptionally high quality videos
- You want to learn the ins and outs of making an amazing video
- You want to learn how to set up a nice shot
- You want to understand your DSLR camera & lenses better
- You want to understand technical aspects of shooting like Aperture, ISO & Shutter Speed
- You’re tired of spending lots of money hiring people to make your videos
- You want to fast track the learning process of creating videos
- You want to grow your audience
- You want to take your videos to a professional level
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
The DSLR Filmmaking for Musicians course will teach you everything you need to know about improving your techniques of filming DIY video, help you become comfortable in front and behind the camera, AND help you understand the right equipment for YOU as a musician. And, let’s face it.. Ultimately, the most important thing that it will do in the long run is save you LOTS of time & money, because you’ll be able to make your videos all by yourself.
Being a musician is a daily grind…There is never enough time in a day to respond to fan emails, create content, write songs, perform shows, personal marketing, brand strategizing, creating artwork. It’s a constant battle! Not only that, but a lot of musicians (like me) just don’t have the cash flow to keep hiring people to create videos to promote their music… I totally get it! I didn’t have $$$ when I was just starting out either, but I still understood the importance of video and knew that I had to do SOMETHING. So I learned how to make my own videos, giving me the creative freedom I was looking for. This allowed me to promote my music visually, WITHOUT having to hire out the jobs or rely on anyone else.
If you take the course, you’ll finally be creatively independent with video! Along with hard work and dedication, creating videos will soon turn into something exciting, this is a promise. Get started on the journey of learning a new craft, while having limitless opportunities to practice and grow, by creating your OWN music videos as often as you like.
WHAT YOU GET
Upon enrolment, you will get instant access to 7 step-by-step videos jam packed with lessons, ideas, best practices and examples. You will also get 5 course printouts including a product recommendations, checklist, pocket book, quick start guide & floor plan. In addition to these course materials, you’ll also get an invitation to join a private facebook group that I created for all students enrolled in my courses. This will be a safe place where I will be interacting one-on-one with you, answering your questions, and showing encouragement for the video goals you are setting for yourself. This will also be a place where you can share your work and progress with other students, ask questions, help each other with ideas, and support one another though your journeys as creatives.
Chapter 1 – Introduction
- Ideal course candidates
- The importance of video for musicians
- Course overview
Chapter 2 – Equipment
- Choosing your camera
- Accessories to help you film alone
- Difference between lenses
- Benefits of your equipment
- Choosing your microphone
- Equipment for PRO sounding audio that won’t make you broke
- Things you should keep in mind when purchasing your equipment
Chapter 3 – Audio Set Up
- The best practices for audio with video
- Important factors to consider with audio production
- Step-by-step audio set up
- Garageband run through & available tools
Chapter 4 – Camera Settings
- The most important settings you need to know
- Step-by-step camera walkthrough
- Camera set-up
- white balance
- frames per second
- shutter speed
Chapter 5 – Shot set up
- 3 key factors while setting the scene
- That extra special touch in unique videos that stand out
- Lighting suggestions
- Background tips, tricks & examples
- Framing & placement
- Step-by-step shot set up
Chapter 6 – Recording
- Best ways to record your videos alone
- Things to always keep in mind
- The importance of testing your footage
Chapter 7 – Extras
- Adding audio presets & effects
- Adding harmonies & extra instruments
- Trimming, cutting & cleaning up tracks
- Exporting your audio
- Product Recommendations e-book
- Equipment Checklist
- Video Floor Plan
- Step-by-step Quick Start Guide
- Film Vocabulary Pocket book
Suggested equipment for participants:
- A DSLR camera (best results with auto focus face detection & flip screen)
- Tripod & memory card
- Condenser microphone & mic stand
- Audio interface
- Mac computer with Garageband
Tools that I use to teach the course:
Indie-folk songstress, traveller, blogger & DIY Musician from Ontario, Canada.
Inspiring the world to FEEL THINGS through songs & videos!
Questions about the course?
Email me at email@example.com with any unsettled feelings or questions.
I’m at your service & here to help 🙂
DSLR Filmmaking for Musicians