Learn to make ????-utiful DIY music videos all by yourself, in less than 1 hour.
???????? all the coool kids are taking it ! and the nerdy ones too!! ????????
This course is for you if you want to learn to shoot your FIRST Music Video:
- DIY Musicians, Singer / Songwriters & Bandmates going solo who want to start creating DIY videos
- You want to learn the ins and outs of making an amazing video
- You want to learn how to set up a nice shot
- You want to understand your point & shoot camera better
- You’re tired of spending lots of money hiring people to make your videos
- You want to fast track the learning process of creating videos
- You want to grow your audience
- You know that you should be making more videos but just THINKING about it stresses you out
1 hr total
WHY TAKE THIS COURSE?
The Simple DIY Videos for musicians course will teach you everything you need to know about the beginner techniques of video, help you become comfortable in front and behind the camera, AND help you understand the right equipment for YOU as a musician. And let’s face it…Ultimately, the most important thing that it will do in the long run is save you LOTS of time & money, because you’ll be able to edit videos all by yourself!
Being a musician is a daily grind…There is never enough time in a day to respond to fan emails, create content, write songs, perform shows, personal marketing, brand strategizing, creating artwork. It’s a constant battle! Not only that, but a lot of musicians (like me) just don’t have the cash flow to keep hiring people to create videos to promote their music… I totally get it! I didn’t have $$$ when I was just starting out either, but I still understood the importance of video and knew that I had to do SOMETHING. So I learned how to make my own videos, giving me the creative freedom I was looking for. This allowed me to promote my music visually, WITHOUT having to hire out the jobs or rely on anyone else.
If you take the course, you’ll finally be creatively independent with video! With some hard work and dedication, you’ll feel excited to get started with making videos in no time… this is a promise. Get started on the journey of learning a new craft, while having limitless opportunities to practice and grow, by creating your OWN music videos as often as you like.
WHAT YOU GET
Upon enrolment, you will get instant access to 7 step-by-step videos jam packed with lessons, ideas, best practices and examples. You will also get 5 course printouts including equipment recommendations, a checklist, pocket book, quick start guide & floor plan. In addition to these course materials, you’ll also get an invitation to join a private facebook group that I created for all students enrolled in my courses. This will be a place where I will be interacting one-on-one with you, answering your questions, and showing encouragement for the video goals you are setting for yourself. This will also be a place where you can share your work and progress with other students, ask questions, help each other with ideas, and support one another though your journeys as creatives.
???? Cuz we can never have too much support for one another these days. ????
Chapter 1 – Introduction
- Ideal course candidates
- The importance of video for musicians
- Course Overview
Chapter 2 – Choosing Equipment
- Choosing your camera
- Choosing your microphone
- Benefits of your equipment
- Accessory suggestions
- Things you should keep in mind when purchasing your equipment
Chapter 3 – Audio
- The best practices for audio with video
- Important factors to consider with audio production
- Basic audio troubleshooting
- Garageband run through & available tools
- First steps in starting your project
Chapter 4 – Camera Settings
- The most important settings you need to know
- Step-by-step camera walkthrough
- Camera set-up
Chapter 5 – Shot set up
- 3 key factors while setting the scene
- That special extra touch
- Lighting suggestions
- Background tips, tricks & examples
- Framing & placement
Chapter 6 – Finishing Details
- Shot set up
- Ideas for smooth filming
- Things to always keep in mind
- The importance of testing your footage
- B-roll & handheld shots
Chapter 7 – Final Steps
- Adding audio presets & effects
- Trimming, cutting & cleaning up tracks
- Product Recommendations e-book
- Equipment Checklist
- Video Floor Plan
- Step-by-step Quick Start Guide
- Film Vocabulary Pocket book
Suggested equipment for participants:
- A Point & shoot camera (best results with auto focus face detection & flip screen)
- Tripod & memory card
- USB microphone & mic stand
- Mac computer with Garageband
Tools that I use to teach the course:
Indie-folk songstress, traveller, blogger & DIY Musician from Ontario, Canada.
Inspiring the world to FEEL THINGS through songs & videos!
Questions about the course?
Email me at email@example.com with any unsettled feelings or questions.
I’m at your service & here to help 🙂
Simple DIY Videos for musicians