Apr 20, 2020
Welp, I am a foodie true and true. I love food and food loves me!
…Most of the time LOL.
This is my first ever recipe attempt!!
During C19, I’ve been experimenting with different foods and recipes like CRAZY! And I can bet that you are too. We all are! I mean, what ELSE are we supposed to do with our time!?
The thing is though, I’ve been eating sooo healthy, that I got a little bored. I wanted to change it up and make myself a treat! So I attempted to make Loaded Vegan Mexi Fries and man are they soooo darn good!
The best part is that this little gem of a recipe is that it really isn’t even so bad for you. The vegan cheeze sauce that I use is literally just warmed up blended veggies. Nutritious, healthy and tastes pretty incredible.
I hope this inspires you to make a treat for yourself too. Comfort food for the win!
Loaded Vegan Mexi Fries!
- 175 grams Extra Firm Tofu (about half a block)
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce GF if necessary
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil I like using avocado for cooking
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chilli seasoning
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 big handfuls frozen fries I used McCain Shoestring Fries
- 1/4 cup cheeze sauce** Can be homemade vegan, store bought, or non-vegan queso
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1 tbsp green onion
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tbsp guacamole or sour cream/greek yogurt optional for garnish
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare tofu by wrapping it in a thick amount of paper towel and putting something relatively heavy on it for 15 minutes. This allows the moisture to come out so the seasoning sticks better.
- Mix up the soy sauce, oil, cumin, chilli seasoning and black pepper.
- When tofu is dryish, crumble with your hands into a bowl.
- Stir in the soy sauce mixture evenly.
- Spread tofu evenly on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and place in the oven for 25 minutes, mixing every 10 minutes.
- Dice up tomato, cilantro and green onion.
- Once tofu is dry and crispy (the texture of cooked ground beef) remove from oven and set aside.
- Cook frozen fries as per the package instructions.
- Warm up cheeze sauce on stove or in microwave.
- When fries are hot and crispy, remove from oven and place in a bowl.
- Top with warmed cheeze sauce, baked tofu, tomatoes, cilantro and onions.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with guacamole or sour cream/greek yogurt.
- Enjoy every single bite!
🙂 Good luck and happy cooking.
And pllllease let me know if you ended up trying it and if I should make more food posts for the blog!