Apr 23, 2020
As a person who can’t handle caffeine, I’ve had to get creative with my warm beverage cravings. So I’ve been on a caffeine-free chai latte kick recently.
Before attempting to make my own, I was getting my fixes at starbucks and small coffeeshops. To my horror, the amount of sugary syrup that’s often used is just ????! Toooo intense for me. Refined sugar / corn syrup-ie sweeteners are really not my thing. Since I’ve been healing from celiac and parasites, I’ve really been trying to fill my body with only nourishing foods, herbs and spices…and sugar/fillers/artificial ingredients are not one of them.
I’ve tried my fair share of chai tea latte mixes and teas, and I always find a problem:
- they aren’t decaf / caffeine free
- they have too many added sugars or artificial sweeteners or fillers
- they are too bitter
- the tea bags can’t be brewed strong enough
- they aren’t organic
If you can relate, I have found a solution for us!!
I finally stumbled upon a Chai Tea product that I can stand behind 100%, and it has changed my whole morning beverage experience!
Why is it the BEST decaf chai tea latte recipe you’ll never need?
It’s an INSTANT powder – that means, no steeping required! So, you won’t get micro plastics from tea bags that are unknowingly floating around in your hot cup. There’s no added sugars or fillers and no nasty chemicals or allergens, nothing artificial, ONLY whole organic ingredients.
That’s exactly what Chai Tea should be. Just plain nourishing herbs and spices.
Also note that my milk of choice is OAT milk, as it gives a beautiful subtle sweetness. Oat milk is my fave in lattes because the flavour is not overpowering, and it can still be frothed up nicely. That wee bit of sweetness and thickness in oat milk provides comfort-in-a-mug that you just can’t find anywhere else!
This is not a sponsored post, I just appreciate this product so much, and the quality speaks volumes for me. It may seem a bit pricey, but this stuff lasts FOREVER! I promise you’ll get so many cups of delicious spicy decaf chai tea from this little pot, and all you need is one little scoop (the adorable wooden spoon in the pic also comes with the tea container!).
See my simple recipe below.
Spicy Chai Tea Latte (decaf) with creamy oat milk
- 1 spoon Blue Lotus (decaf) Chai Tea Latte mix
- 1/2 cup boiling water*
- 1/2 cup oat milk**
- a wee bit cinnamon or honey (optional)
- Froth 1/2 cup oat milk in your frother or with a hand held mixer.
- Scoop a heaping spoonful of Blue Lotus Chai Tea Latte (decaf) mix into your mug.
- Slowly pour 1/2 cup boiling water into your mug while mixing vigorously or using a hand held mixer. Slower the better as it will whisk the latte mix to keep it smooth.
- Add with your frothed oat milk, give a quick stir and voila!
- Top with cinnamon or add honey for sweetness (optional)