May 19, 2021
Sooo I don’t post recipes very often, but when I do it’s because I want to remember them! This recipe is adapted from Eating Bird Food and it is sooo amazing. Ohh and of course it’s gluten free! Since my celiac diagnosis, I’ve had to really get creative with snacks and most importantly I’ve had to PREPARE much more. It can be difficult finding healthy GF snacks on the road, so my default is to bake batches of healthy, satisfying muffins and treats and throwing them in the freezer for an easy go-to snack for my gigs or hiking.
Also – If you haven’t tried muffins with a combo of oat flour and almond flour – NOW is the time!
Hope you love them as much as I do.
Please tag my instagram account if you end up making them!
Spiced Carrot Raisin Muffins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp oat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom, allspice and nutmeg optional
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 cup carrots grated and packed in
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/8 cup pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F and grab a bowl. Mix together almond flour, oat flour, coconut sugar, baking soda & spices.
- In a separate bowl, wish eggs and add almond milk, honey, apple sauce, coconut oil, and add the grated carrots last.
- Pour the dry ingredients into wet ingredients bowl and stir until just combined. Fold in raisins and pecans.
- Scoop out the dough into 12 muffin tins (I use a silicone muffin pan and it works great for popping muffins out…otherwise grease or use muffin liners).
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool and enjoy!!